Saturday, February 19, 2011

A special Story!!!

I don't have any pics to go with my story today!!  I just want to share a special story with you and it has been on my mind all day, so I felt this was a great Blog.

When we lost our baby Kelsie in Oct.  we had people from church and friends bring us meals and they had a care calander set up and it was such an amazing blessing to us.  We were truely overwhelmed with this.  People brought us food from the middle of October to almost Thanksgiving.  Normally when people bring food for something like this it is only for about two weeks.  We still today thank God daily for the wonderful people that he put in our lives.  We learned real quick that we had a lot of people whom cared and were praying for us.  AMAZING!!!  God is soooo AMAZING!!  And we will never forget just how wonderful everyone has been to us.

So on with my story.  my friend I had just briefly met at MOPS had signed up to bring me food but had to wait until almost the last day.  Well, I had been getting back on facebook to get my mind off of things and reading all the comments and posts people had put on there to us.  again we were overwhelmed.  So my friend, Jessica Scantling, had started posting pics of baby bedding she was chosing for her baby due in Feb.  She had posted pics of many things and they were all so similair to what I had looked at for Kelsie, so I kept thinking about it and thought I have to share with her where I bought mine, because I thought she might get a good deal too!!  So I posted the website for her to go to and she posted she would check it out.  But prior to me posting the site, I thought about it and thought what if  just WHAT IF.  And I came to a conclusion that there were so many different beddings that there was no chance that she would pick the same.  So the next day, she started posting pics again of baby bedding, and then there it was, my sweet Kelsie's baby bedding.  As I stared at the pic, tears streaming down my face, but yet smiling in my heart, I was a mixed mess of emotions.  What was I to do, I had to post, but what would I say.  I wasn't mad she had picked it for I had already gone through the what if's.

So I posted that I really liked it and I would send her an inbox, and I did just that and I told her about the bedding and how I knew it was so pretty because it was still on (and still is at this very moment) my baby bed in the room I had prepared for my baby.  I told her if I could sell it I would, but I couldn't part with it.  and that I wasnt mad and I was happy she had picked a special bedding.  And I still have this message on my facebook page.  I can't delete it.  She sent me a message back and just didn't know what to say, but she had already ordered it.  She had mentioned she already had one picked out, but she kept going back to this one and she couldn't figure out why, but there was something she really liked and so she went with it.  I told her I knew God had a hand in this, because coincidences just don't happen.  So she kept me posted with when it would be in and she couldn't figure out why she was on the list of food at the end, well, again, it was GOD!!  I already knew I had to show her my room(only if she wanted to). 

So the time came for her to bring food and I was so nervous about her coming, she came and knocked at the door and left Payton her daughter in the car and came in and said oh payton would love your Christmas trees(yes christmas trees before Thanksgiving), so she went back out andgot her and then Eddie came home and we talked, The timing was just perfect(only God's timing is perfect) and so Iasked if she wanted to see it and she said yes. and so we went in there and immediatly she said oh I have this same cross in Payton's room,  a cross with the verse "For we walk by faith, not by sight"  again  a God moment.  and so she loved the bedding, and spoke of how she needed another valance for her window and so I gave her one of mine.  I would have given it all to her if my heart would have let me.  We stood in that room and talked for a long time.  Payton played with Kaitlyn and Caleb like they had always known each other and when it was time to go, she cried!!  She wanted to stay and play!! Then she realized her car had been running the whole time, which was probably an hour or so. 
Then we had her and her hubby Lucas out for dinner one night and we all got along perfectly . It was all a plan of God.  God put her in my life so I could open that door of the baby room and share something so sweet.  Something that was very hard to do.  She invited me to her baby shower and I prayed hard about this and I stood strong and went, it wasn't easy, but I talked with a sweet friend, Tamera, and she kept me busy with converstion.  Me and Tamera only knew each other there and of course Jessica, so yet another yep God's plan!! 

I gave her a sweet cross just like the one I have for baby Sawyers room and I found a perfect round hat box, that were all the nursery colors and fixed the gift so sweetly.  Kaitlyn even went with me to the shower.  She tagged me in a photo on facebook of the cross hanging on the pink walls of her nursery.  Pink just like mine. Even the white beadboard just like my nursery.  The picture made me smile inside and out!!! My nursery is still the way it was only now maybe more of a mess, everything baby has been shoved in this room, but we have been praying about going in there to pack things up. 

We have kept contact and today she had her baby.  I told her she had to wait till my birthday to have her, but she just couldn't wait, and she is perfect.  I haven't gone to see her yet and praying about this, as it will be soo so soooo hard for me, but I pray for strength.  God has had his hand in this and I am certain he still does.  Jessica and her family will forever me a part of me.  and so you see( or I hope you see) just how special this is to me and how I know this was a plan of God because I don't believe in coincidences.  I felt this was a perfect blog for me today because I have been thinking of her all day!!!  She called me tonight to talk to me and it made me smile!!  God is just so good.  So this is just another story of keepin' up with Jones'.  I hope you enjoy my story and as I tell everyone, God has been with us everystep and people tell us we are amazing  but I tell them it isn't me at all it is all God. He is the amazing !!

I decided I would put pics with it because this story is so special it has to have pics with it, so my hubby has helped me with the pics.  I love him!!!  Below is a pic of the baby bedding, please note this is from the website and not either of our actual nursery. 

This is a pic of the cross that I had bought for Kelsie's room,  I love it because we named her Kelsie Faith and it had the name Faith in Green.  And I loved the verse because for me and Eddie everything about our house and our pregnancy was on Faith.


This is a picure of the hat box that had Jessica's gift in.  Perfect colors for her nursery


And this is a picture of Jessica and her sweet baby Sawyer and I had to put this picture in here and I pray that God will give me strength to go see her because I still love babies, but it is still hard to see one so small!! Only God knows my plans and so I leave it up to him!!!

I hope you have enjoyed this post of my blog,  it was important to me that I make this blog and this is a part of mine and Eddie's life. And as I type this I just realized that Eddie spells his name E d d i e and we spelled Kesie with and I E .  Hmm.  Just another God moment.  We thank God daily for our many blessing.  Thank you for letting me share this story.  May God bless you!!!

1 comment: